A vulpix with a cute ribbon bathing in the sunlight doodlie. I’m going to organize commission prices soon since I’m feeling more confident in my technique now!
1) I love both as much as the other, though Digital is great for experimenting since you have an easier way to wipe your slate clean and undo mistakes.
3) I haven’t taken any formal art classes where you actually learn stuff. I took Studio Art in 10th, then AP Studio for 11th and 12th. The foundations class was a prerequisite but I skipped it and you were expected to already have some skills developed… so it was more of a “here’s a prompt, make something for it” class. As far as I’m concerned/so far I am self-taught.
5) Pokémon and myself *-* I can’t be the only one who’s only capable of drawing themselves when they’re in an art slump.
10) Kind of, yes. I know my art isn’t SHIT but I’ll always be the one who judges it the hardest cause I’m the only one that knows the missing elements I wasn’t able to realize within the piece.
16) With my free time now I draw a lot more than I used to during the school year, there’s no arguing.
30) Other people’s art.
15) Stuff like Gallade, Bellossom, Butterfree…. I think 2-4 hours? Maybe even 5 sometimes. 3 hours average. It takes me on average 1 hour at the ABSOLUTE MOST to have a sketch like this (though this is one of the easier ones):
Where I’ve checked, double-checked, and triple-checked all the proportions, perspective and placement so there are as few errors as possible so I can move on to my forte— coloring!
There’s lots of horizontal flipping and lots of breaks so I can refresh my eyes. I’m a REAL stickler about having everything look the best I can possibly make it. Some subjects (like Buneary) are easier to get done than others (Like Mega Gallade jesus christ his weird hips made it problematic… as did his helmet. I couldn’t position his cape in a way that flowed at first so I flipped one of them over as if they were being played with by the wind… His hips… those goddamned hips…).
24) I feel jealous in that I go “DUUUUUDE!!! CHECK OUT THAT RAD-AS-FUCK HATCHING!! LOOK AT THAT BEAUTIFUL ATTENTION TO REFLECTED LIGHT. LOOK AT THAT GORGEOUS FORESHORTENING AND THE WAY THEY WERE ABLE TO DRAW THE FACE IN THAT PERSPECTIVE!!! WHY CAN’T I DO THAT?!”
I’m usually more amazed and awe-struck than anything. And then I try to incorporate those things into my art little by little!
27) I’ll open up a few finished pieces and see what I find.
Kicks - 14 :: Bellossom - 36 :: Numel 18 :: Skrelp - 17 :: Fang - 13 :: Banette - 15 :: Pokeshaming Electrike - 21 :: Breath of Fire - 20
I think I’m all over the place.
I MADE THIS QUICK DOODLE FOR THE LOVELY PERSON WHO GAVE ME MY SMASH DEMO CODE. THEY SAID I COULD MAKE THEM ANYTHING.
Third time’s the charm? That’s my deviantart account! I would just go and upload the original myself but it seems pointless now, ehe.
people who trash/don’t treat peoples doodles with respect when it’s not their main thing and clearly a hobby that they’re developing on the side should be ashamed of themselves and get on fixing that cruddy behavior.
Some people just do it for fun here and there. Not everyone who draws decently is trying to make it a huge, developed skill-set like some of us might be.
Just. Man, show some appreciation for the person since they’re still showing SOME interest in something you have (maybe) a deeper passion for. How hard is it to be respectful of people and their different levels of skill?
Took a break from a big thing I’m working on. I listened to PokeRemixStudio’s remix of Lavender Town during this.
Coloring Celebration Celebi.
Just in case someone else wants to see me color other than brian.
No audio because I don’t want to subject anyone to my music or voice.
Coloring a present for @yellowfur vwv
jic other wanna see
Just a Korra doodle.
I can’t wait for Book 4. Book 3 is everything I wanted from LoK.